Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
The basis for this recipe comes from "spelt biscuits" from allrecipes.com. Then I added a few delightful seeds to get an amazing flavoured dinner roll! I used a mix of coconut oil and butter, but feel free to use one or the other. Also, I don't always have buttermilk, so I mix half yogurt with half water.
- Preheat the oven to 220C (450F).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and seeds.
- Cut in the coconut oil and butter to resemble coarse crumbs (a pastry blender can come in handy here, so can your hands).
- Add the buttermilk and mix until blended.
- Cut dough into 6 equal portions and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 220C for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.