Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my new favorite bread! Rising time not included. SOURCE: Modified by me from the original found in "Great Bread Machine Baking - Marlene Brown".
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk or 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup rye flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Set Cycle: Whole Wheat, Size: 2lb.
- Check the dough after 5 minutes, add a tablespoon at a time of flour if too wet, or a tablespoon of water at a time if too dry.
- Dough should be smooth and slightly sticky to the touch.
- You may also remove the dough after kneading and bake in the oven at 350°F until well browned, about 25 minutes.
This turned out to be an excellent bread. It's a hearty whole-grain bread with the added interest of the sesame seeds. Toast from this loaf is to die for!
Substantial & satisfying, this bread is full of hearty flavor and makes a most excellent slice of toast! I kneaded the dough in my KitchenAid stand mixer and baked the loaf at 350° for 35 minutes. It browned up quite quickly in the oven so I covered it with a tin foil tent during the last few minutes of baking. Thanks for sharing your wonderful bread recipe ~ It's one I'll surely bake again!