Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Very Best Baking- a great way to introduce grains into your dessert - we use this with the lighter pumpkin pie from Very Best Baking
- 1 cup whole-wheat graham cracker crumbs (from 8 graham cracker squares) or 1 cup honey graham cracker crumbs (from 8 graham cracker squares)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ or 2 tablespoons ground pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten (with high omega-3 content, as noted on label)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, flour, oil, brown sugar, flaxseed, wheat germ, orange peel and ginger in medium bowl. Add egg; stir until moistened. Gently press mixture onto bottom and up side of prepared pie plate.
- BAKE for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.