Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
It is just me and my husband . I am trying to get some more and some different veggies in ou diet. I was looking at several different recipes, and I am taking " a little bit of this and a little bit of that" from several recipes. I've also added some of my own touches. It is for dinner tonight. We will see.
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove (according to your taste)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts (defrosted)
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine (not cooking sherry)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat penne (or other whole grain pasta)
- 4 -5 tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese (not the stuff in the green can)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan and lightly saute the onion and zucchini. Cook till the zucchini is tender.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the defrosted artichoke hearts and the wine.
- Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne according to the package directions.
- Drain and add the penne or pasta to the veggies.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Makes 2 servings.