Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very filling and wholesome breakfast.
Make and share this Whole Grain Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Using wire whisk, mix egg whites and milk.
- Add oats to milk mixture, let set 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in griddle or non-stick frying pan.
- Turn off heat and let cool slightly.
- Mix baking powder, flour and sugar in separate bowl.
- Whisk dry mixture into milk mixture.
- Scrape cooled butter from griddle into batter.
- Whisk butter into batter.
- Turn griddle on to medium heat.
- Pour desired amount of batter onto griddle.
- Cook until edges of pancake no longer glossy.
- Flip pancakes and cook on second side until light brown.
- You can add berries, chocolate chips by dropping them into uncooked pancake after pouring batter onto griddle.
I love these. They are 3 weight watcher points. I added mini chocolate chips & sunflower seeds to mine & I thought they were good. My 3 year old likes these better than the frozen ones. I agree they were a bit bland but most diet food is & the chips & seeds make up for that.
I agree with the previous reviewer that they're too bland. I added a little more Splenda & some cinn but that didn't help much-however, I appreciated the healthy ingredients-thanks anyway!
I thought the recipe was very bland (as printed). I'm not a big pancake fan myself, which is why I gave it an average rating instead of a low one. I think this recipe definately needs the optional chocolate chips or fruit to make it enjoyable. It was definately filling! I had two pancakes (out of a batch of 6) and I was full! And I'm a big guy :)