Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A nice healthy pancake my family enjoys. I think I originally found this recipe in Canadian Living Magazine many years ago.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
To make pancakes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix above ingredients together then place in food processor to mix again.
- To make pancakes beat 1 egg, 1 tbsp oil, 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 tsp vanilla together.
- Add 3/4 cup pancake mix and mix till just blended.
- Let stand 5 minute.
- Make pancakes as usual in buttered skillet.
Great Recipe! I used quick oats and didn't even need to use a food processor. They came out excellent, thanks!
This is a wonderful recipe mix. My kids loved them. I served it with some Stevia Syrup I made too - very healthy and delicious. Thank you so much for sharing it!
Always double both the mix and the pancakes when I make them. I still end up having to make the mix a couple times a month. :)