Recipe by yogiclarebear
I found this on FatFree.com, posted originally by Bethann Watson. I was looking for a healthier pancake mix that used no white flour to give to my friends and family this year for holiday. This one was a winner!
- 6 1⁄4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 2⁄3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
FOR PANCAKES (two servings)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well. Store in an airtight container until use.
- When ready to use --
- Shake up or stir the dry pancake mix.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Treat skillet with cooking spray or butter.
- Mix egg white, water, and applesauce in a bowl. Add 1 cup pancake mix, stirring until just blended.
- Let batter sit for 5 minutes before ladling by 1/4 cups onto skillet, cooking both sides until done.