Recipe by Mom2Rose
Purchased mayo gets dressed up with garlic, Dijon, and lemon juice.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Technically, in order for this to be an aioli it would have to contain olive oil. ;) And that's what I added! This was good over pan grilled asparagus and again with steamed carrots. I used an organic coarse brown mustard mustard. Made for Recipe Swap #88 in the Australian/NZ forum.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Using mortar with pestle, mash garlic with coarse kosher salt until paste forms (or mince garlic and mix with salt).
- Transfer garlic mixture to small bowl.
- Mix in all remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead; cover tightly and refrigerate.