Prep 1 hr
Cook 24 hrs
Make your own!
Make and share this Whole-Grain Mustard recipe from Food.com.
- 100 g black mustard seeds or 100 g brown mustard seeds, whole
- 175 -200 ml white wine vinegar
- 50 g yellow mustard seeds, whole
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Put the black mustard seeds into a non-metallic bowl and pour over 150 ml of the vinegar. Cover and leave overnight.
- The next day, use a mortar and pstle to pound the mixture until the seeds are coarsely broken. Grind the yellow mustard seeds in an electric blender or coffee grinder to a very fine powder. Combine the two mixtures and stir in the rest of the vinegar and the salt.
- Spoon into sterilized jars. Seal, label and keep in a cool dark place for 2 weeks before using to allow the flavours to develop.