Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Adapted from my Granny's recipe, this one allows for less fat, cholesterol, & calories than the original. Note: time includes 1 hour dough is in fridge before cooking
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream shortening & gradually add sugar.
- Blend in egg whites & molasses.
- Sift flour once then sift flour with salt, baking soda, cloves, cinnamon, & ginger. Stir in flax seed meal.
- Combine with shortening mixture & mix well.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Shape dough into small balls and bake on ungreased cookie sheet 12-15 minutes.