Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, cooled and blended
- 1 cup organic unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup fine grain evaporated unbleached cane sugar
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1 dash Bourbon (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Blend the pecans in a food processor until they become a fine meal, but not a paste.
- In a mixer beat the butter until it becomes creamy, add the sugar and mix until everything is creamy and lighter in color. Add vanilla and bourbon, followed but the nut meal. Slowly add the flours and salt and mix until a stiff dough is formed . On a piece of plastic wrap pat the dough into a disk 3/4-inch thick. Cover entire dough with plastic wrap and chill in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a 1-inch cookie cutter to shape the cookies and place them on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies begin to brown lightly. Dust with powdered sugar.