Recipe by breezee1984
A delicious variety of hummus from Syria.
Top Review by Mgnbos
I found this in Madhur Jaffrey's wonderful reference, 'World Vegetarian' (called Sara Aubufares' Whole Grain or "Bead" hummus") and served it today at a vegan luncheon All of the guests really enjoyed it made as written and I note that the flavors need a few hours to really come 'marry'. One guest even asked to take home the left overs! High praise indeed.
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mortar (or food processor), crush garlic and salt together.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add chickpeas, lemon juice, tomatoes, parsley and cayenne.
- Toss well to mix.
- Taste for balance of flavors, adding more lemon juice, parsley or cayenne to taste.
- Put hummus in serving bowl and and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Serve room temperature or chilled.