Recipe by GertieMcFlirty
I tweaked the Tightwad Gazette pizza dough recipe. We all love this recipe 'round here!
Top Review by KimmieCat1
Very good. My hubby and I enjoyed very much. My husband really liked that the Canadian Bacon was chopped beforehand. He never liked how when it was a big slice the rest of the pizza always comes off with it when you take a bite. Made for PAC Spring 2012. Thanks GertieMcFlirty for a great recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup canned pineapple tidbits, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Add wheat bran to yeast mixture and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine bread flour, oil, and salt in food processor bowl.
- Pulse flour mixture 5 times to combine.
- Add bran/yeast mixture.
- Pulse 25 times in food processor. Dough should form a ball and come away from the sides of the bowl. You may need to add water, up to 4 T.
- Form into any flat shape you desire. Place on pizza pan. Cover with towel or plastic wrap and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce, cheese, bacon, and pineapple evenly over surface of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.