Recipe by Shannon Holmes
From Dee's Cereal website, granola pancakes made with whole wheat flour, sounds wonderful and wanted to share.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon sucanat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, cereal, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Hint: Melt the margarine in the skillet you intend to use to cook the pancakes.
- Combine egg and brown sugar. Beat with fork until sugar is mostly dissolved. Add milk and vanilla. Stir.
- Add melted margarine as you stir the liquid mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and stir gently until blended. Let stand 3-5 minutes.
- Ladle onto a preheated non-stick skillet or griddle. Cook until lightly browned on each side, turning only once.
- Top with syrup, fruit spread or fresh fruit of your choice. Applesauce is especially good. Servings: 3 or 6 pancakes.