Recipe by Olivegirl
A whole grain gluten & dairy free yeast bread that requires no starch (tapioca / potato / cornstarch, etc.) to be soft.
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown rice flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon yeast (I use quick rise)
- 1⁄4 cup Earth Balance margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 eggs or 3⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- preheat oven to "warm" to allow bread to rise.
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl of stand mixer & whisk to combine using the paddle attachment.
- To melted margarine add honey, lemon juice or vinegar & lightly beaten eggs or egg whites.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry in mixer and slowly incorporate.
- Add warm water (should be slightly warmer than room temp.) to mixer & slowly incorporate until batter is thick. More water can be added 1 Tbsp at a time if needed to achieve the correct consistency. You should be able to see beater tracks while dough is mixing or dough is too wet. Once water is added, beat on med / hi for 3 - 5 minutes.
- While mixing prepare a 9 x 5 loaf pan by spraying with oil and lining with parchment paper.
- Scrape prepared dough in to pan and smooth top. Cover top with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Turn off preheated oven & allow loaf to rise for approximately 30 min., or until risen 1 inch over top of pan.
- Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minute When done, loaf should sound hollow when tapped.
- Cool completely before slicing.