Recipe by Sydney Mike
In my quest for a few recipes that include feta cheese, I found this one in the Sunset Best Recipes 2010 cookbook.
Top Review by duonyte
Well, I thought I had bulgur at home, but I didn't! So I cooked some wheat berries, adding a little salt to the water, and used that as the base. I also had some red onion sitting around, and chopped it and added it to the salad. I'm not sure I would use pistachios again, and I don't think it would suffer from the omission. A very lovely salad.
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat, medium
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, salted, roasted
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped