Recipe by ewoolridge
A friend of mine gave me an energy bar from Harvest Bread Company. It tasted great, but it was also $2. I didn't want to pay that kind of money so I kept playing around with the ingredients until I came up with something similar.
Top Review by Halliy
excellent. thank you. i subbed about half the honey with ripe mashed cooked banana and a touch of molasses. i subbed puffed rice for the millet. and halved the raisins. just what i was looking for.:)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄4 cup puffed millet
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup Puffed Kashi
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup craisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything but the raisins and chocolate chips together. Use a food processor if you can because it makes it a lot easier.
- Then add in the chocolate chips and raisins.
- Form into bars and refrigerate for about an hour allowing them to harden.
- I suppose you could freeze them and eat as needed, but they never last that long around here.
- You can also increase the honey if you want something a little sweeter. I try to cut back on my sugar as much as I can in my food.