Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From another mom. If you don't like using soy, you could just add in an egg. Not totally sure on the yield, since I haven't made it in awhile. I wanted to save the recipe so it wouldn't get lost.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour or 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran or 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup stone ground cornflour or 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour (egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (fat substitute)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, mix carefully but thoroughly with wire
- Add water and stir.
- I place about 1/2 cup of mix into each belgian waffle square or 1/2 cup for each pancake on the griddle and spread it around.
- Cook until done.