Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
NY Times Dining Out. Very simple, amazing good!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 slices good whole wheat bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups canned white beans
- 1 lb spinach, washed,trimmed and roughly chopped
- 10 leaves fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees or prepare a grill.
- Use half of the oil to brush each slice of bread.
- Bake for 10 minutes or grill till grill marks appear.
- Meanwhile, put remaining oil in skillet or medium heat, add garlic and onion, cook till translucent.
- Add beans and spinach, cook for about 5 minutes until spinach wilts.
- Add sage, cover and cook.
- If mixture seem too dry, add a bit of water.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon on top of crostini, sprinkle Parmesan and serve immediately.