Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is a healthier whole grain version of a comfort food.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup banana, mashed (3-4)
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips (i like minis)
- mix all dry ingredients (including sugars)
- in a separate bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients and bananas.
- combine, stirring until just moist
- fold in chocolate chops.
- pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
- bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.
- can make muffins, reduce baking time by half.