Recipe by Sydney Mike
Couldn't resist this recipe which was found in the Famous Name Brand Recipes cookbook 'WHOLE-GRAIN COOKING' -- A great addition to my cookie cookbook! Cooking time is an estimate, depending on how many cookies you have on each cookie sheet.
Top Review by Chef Pollo
These are yummy! I really like the WW flour add. I made 1/2 the recipe and had 30 decent little cookies! I didn't have sunflower seeds, so I did a 1/8 cup pumpkin seeds and just under 1/4 cup cranberries. I don't usually like cookies right from the oven (go figure...), but these I do! DH is just coming home now, these'll be a nice treat! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, & lightly grease cookie sheets OR line them with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugars & eggs until light & fluffy.
- Beat in baking soda, vanilla & salt.
- Blend in oats & flours to make stiff dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape mounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Roll balls in sunflower seeds.
- Place balls 2" apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until firm, but DO NOT OVERBAKE!
- Leave on cookie sheets, & let cool 2 minutes, before transfering cookies to wire rack to cool completely.