Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Eat Better America Recipe- Add Fiber One® original bran cereal to the batter and create delicious fiber-rich whole-grain waffles.
- 1 cup fiber one original all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour or 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- maple syrup, if desired (optional)
- fresh raspberry, if desired (optional)
- Heat waffle maker. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
- In large bowl, mix cereal and buttermilk; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in egg, oil and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients just until smooth. (Batter will be thick.).
- For each waffle, brush hot waffle maker with vegetable oil. Spread batter onto center of hot waffle maker. (Waffle makers vary in size; check manufacturer's directions for recommended amount of batter). Close lid of waffle maker.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops and waffle is golden brown. Carefully remove waffle. Serve immediately. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup and raspberries.
This one is good... I was worried because it doesn't look like regular waffle batter. It's so thick that you can't ladle it on. You have to spoon it in to the waffle maker. I made one thinking if it's bad I will add more buttermilk, but it turned out great. 2 things to note: I didn't have All Bran so I used shredded wheat (like Wheatabix) and I did use the whole wheat flour. It turned out great!!!