Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If I want my family to eat their whole grains, I have to make them taste good! In this recipe, you can adjust the types and proportions of whole grains, according to what you like or have on hand, as long as it totals 4 c whole grain. Include a bit of wheat germ, too, if you like.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup rye flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Sift all ingredients except oats together. Then stir in oats.
- To make pancakes, combine: 1 c mix, 1 c buttermilk, 2 eggs, 2 T melted butter, 1-2 T honey (optional).
- To make waffles, combine: 1 c mix, 1 c buttermilk, 2 egg, 3-4 T melted butter, 1-2 T honey (optional).
- For fluffier pancakes or waffles, separate eggs, beat whites, and fold whites into batter last.