Recipe by the_cookie_lady
This comes from Cooking Light magazine. You can freeze these by letting them cool completely and storing them in zip-top plastic bags in the freezer. Then you can just reheat them in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (about 9 oz)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blackberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Line 17 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and apple-pie spice in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Combine milk, butter, vanilla, and egg in a small bowl; pour into well in flour mixture, stirring until just moist.
- Gently stir in blackberries.
- Spoon 1/4 batter into each of 17 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 minutes.
- Sprinkle muffing evenly with granulated sugar and return to oven to bake 3 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes on wire racks.