Recipe by akgrown
The buttery, cookie-like topping in most crisp recipes is usually a calori bomb but this uses a whole-grain crumble of whole-wheat flour and rolled oats that's gently sweetened with honey. Feel free to swap in your favorite seasonal fruit. From SELF magazine.
Top Review by TexasHurricane
This was great! I used two fresh peaches and frozen blackberries and it turned out great. Its just sweet enough and the topping has a really good flavor. I did substitute applesauce for the canola oil for the topping and I really liked how it turned out. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 cup peach, sliced
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*. Coat 8x8 square baking dish or four 4oz ramekins with cooking spray.
- Combine berries, peaches, juice, and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining ingredients with hands until moist and crumbly.
- Spoon fruit mixture into ramekins or 8x8 dish.
- Scatter crumb mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fruit bubbles and top is golden brown.