Recipe by Hillconqueror
I have tweaked this recipe to make it so healthy. Healthy is not tough and chewy here! These muffins have great muffin texture and a great taste. Stoneware muffin pans are by far the best if you have them.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg, mashed banana, milk, and oil.
- Add mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, or seasoned stoneware, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes (longer for stoneware) or until golden.