1/1 Photo of Whole Grain Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
This is a very flavorful and moist muffin, low fat, and a great way to incorporate whole grains into your diet. And... there are chocolate chips in it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup whole grain oat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (approximately 2 medium large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 1/4 cups Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1Combine dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Whisk wet ingredients and Splenda together.
- 3Combine with dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional.).
- 4Spray 12-cupcake baking tin with cooking spray and divide mixture amongst cups.
- 5Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 23 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Grain Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 297.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole grain oat flour