Recipe by Mags7461
This is a very flavorful and moist muffin, low fat, and a great way to incorporate whole grains into your diet. And... there are chocolate chips in it too!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole grain oat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana (approximately 2 medium large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups Splenda sugar substitute (or sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk wet ingredients and Splenda together.
- Combine with dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional.).
- Spray 12-cupcake baking tin with cooking spray and divide mixture amongst cups.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 23 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in tin for 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.