Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe originally came from theppk.com, but I changed it to make it healthier. I like to make the original version for friends and family, but I like to make these when I want my sweets to have some redeeming value.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (use any flour or combo of flours you'd like)
- 1 1⁄4 cups unrefined sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and put baking cups in a twelve-muffin tin. (Lightly grease tins if you don't have baking cups).
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Whisk pumpkin, soy milk, applesauce, oil, and molasses in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Fill baking cups almost full. Bake 18-20 minutes. Muffins are ready when knife inserted in muffin comes out clean.