Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
After searching for some great tasting tortillas that had not much gluten....I decided to try my hand at it. Even my brother with diabetes can eat them! There are lots of thing you can add...sunflower seeds, any kind of nuts or seeds...use your imagination!
- 20 sheets wax paper (10x10 squares)
- 2⁄3 cup raw almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (or veggie broth)
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1 cup sprouted spelt berries
- 2 cups soy flour (you can use any flour)
- extra soy flour
- To a food processor add the water and almonds to make almond milk. Add the oat groats and spelt berries, process until mixture is thick, add more water if needed.
- In a large bowl mix the soy flour and liquid, make into a dough round. Adding more flour as needed -- knead the dough about 3 minutes.
- Make a ball of dough in your hand, place it on a piece of wax paper, place another piece of wax paper on top, use a rolling pen to flatten it out into a round.
- Continue until you have all the tortillas between wax paper.
- Now you can freeze them.
- To use -- while frozen peel off the wax paper, place in an oiled fry pan with medium heat. Turn once--you can place your toppings on right in the pan if you wish.