Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free Prep time does not include 2-3 hours of refrigerated marination time.
- 1 lb sea scallops, trimmed and sliced into 1/3-inch-thick rounds
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (3 to 4 limes)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice (1 to 2 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- sea salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, diced
- 1⁄2 cup avocado, diced
- romaine leaf (optional)
- orange slice (optional)
- lime slice (optional)
- star fruit, slices (optional)
- Blanch scallops for 1 minute in a large pot of boiling, salted water.
- Remove to a shallow dish. Add red onion, lime juice, orange juice, chives, salt and pepper.
- Combine well and refrigerate 2–3 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Before serving, add diced mango and avocado. If desired, serve on single romaine leaves garnished with fruit slices.