Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Whole Foods here makes this *wonderful* chicken salad- but for $8/lb!!! This tastes about exactly the same for far less money.
- Bake (~25min) or boil chicken breasts (~45min) until tender and cooked through.
- Cut breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Discard skin and bones if you did not use boneless, skinless breasts.
- Whisk sour cream and mayonnaise together and pour over chicken.
- Add celery, walnuts, tarragon, salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
The tarragon is a bit overpowering. I would recommend reducing it to 1 teaspoon then add more if desire.
Yummy! I think it's very close to the Whole Food's version. I used what I had on hand so I used our left-over rotisserie chicken meat, and I used chopped fresh tarragon, subbed toasted pecans for walnuts. One thing I added was the halved grapes and it really made this recipe go from good to great (I thought the Whole Foods version also had grapes?). I think the sweetness of the grapes really goes great with the flavor of the rotissierie chicken (it's already seasoned).
We really enjoyed this as a change from the usual chicken salad. I added a bit of red onion also, and used pecans.