Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I absolutely cannot resist their pancakes, but they are really pricey. Here's their recipe!
Make and share this Whole Foods' "simple Potato Pancakes" recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine potatoes, scallion, onion, egg, flour, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Heat 2 tsp oil over medium heat. Scoop potato mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, into pan and flatten slightly to make a pancake. Add as many pancakes as will fit into pan without crowding and cook 3 minutes per side or until browned. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining 2 tsp oil and remaining potato mixture.
- Bake pancakes for 5 minutes, or until cooked through and crisp.
These were easy and turned out nice and crispy. I made with thawed shredded hash brown potatoes and it worked well. Also used seasoned salt.
The BEST baked latkes ever! I used olive oil spray on the baking sheet as well. I think next time I will add garlic, because we are garlic freaks, but it was really good without it! Frying them a bit before baking gives them the edge over normal baked latkes, but I loved that they were all done at the same time! Thanks BFM =)
This is a traditional recipe in my family and we all love it.