Recipe by Sophaholic
Light tasting and easy pumpkin pie.
Top Review by Nanners
Yum! This is delicious! I used fresh pumpkin, and it had a light, delicate, creamy texture. I'm not sure if this is due to the fresh pumpkin or the recipe, but I don't normally like pumpkin pie, but I loved this. It's so easy and the baking time was right on. It was great both warm and cold with whipped cream. The amount of spice and sugar was just right in my opinion. This will be my pumpkin pie recipe from now on!!
- 3⁄4 cup packed natural brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (*)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree or 1 3⁄4 cups cooked fresh pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Use your clean fingers to really mix it well.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl and whisk them into the brown sugar mixture with a wire whisk.
- Add the pumpkin, whisking it in completely.
- Gently whisk in the half and half.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie shell and bake at 375°F for 45 minutes or until set.
- * Substitute pumpkin pie spice, if desired, with the following:.
- * 11/2 tsp cinnamon.
- * 1 tsp ginger.
- * 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- * 1/8 tsp cloves.
- Nutrition Info.