Dominick & Amanda's Note:
I made this as a side dish for Thanksgiving this year. Everyone thought it was really good. The nutmeg gave it a unique flavor but you can also omit the nutmeg and try using other spices (rosemary, thyme, sage, etc.) if you like. I also made homemade pie crust. YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup canned organic soybeans
- 1 cup organic carrot, diced
- 1 cup organic onion, chopped
- 1 cup organic sweet corn (I used frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 cup organic broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb fresh spinach, cooked, drained and chopped
- 2 organic garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 frozen pie crusts (or recipe for 2-crust pie)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese or 1 cup cheese, substitute
- 2 teaspoons organic sesame seeds
- 1Saute vegetables in olive oil until tender-crisp. Add garlic, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and pecans. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until the flavors blend.
- 2Line a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with one prepared crust.
- 3Layer the vegetables with the cheese (beginning with cheese and ending with vegetables).
- 4Top with another crust, seal with a fork and trim excess pie dough. With a sharp knife, poke vent holes in the top of the crust.
- 5Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes or until crust browns. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- 7**NOTE: If you decide to make the veggie pie ahead of time and freeze, cover well with plastic wrap. No need to thaw before baking but do cover the pie loosely with foil for the first 10 minutes of cooking. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the crust browns. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Foods Organic Veggie Pie
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 716.7
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 709.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 23.7 g