Lovely, colorful and tasty rice! I have sampled Whole Foods Market offerings, and let me tell you, everything is outstanding!!! Recipe from The Whole Foods Market Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3 scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground white pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces mandarin orange segments, drained well
- 1In a 2-quart sauce pot, bring the water, orange juice, orange zest, olive oil and salt to a boil, and stir in the rice.
- 2Cover the sauce pot, and simmer the rice for 25 to 30 minutes, until rice is cooked through and liquid has totally evaporated.
- 3Empty the orange rice into a large mixing bowl, and add the cashew pieces, peppers and scallions.
- 4Just before serving, season the rice with the salt and white pepper, and add the drained mandarin orange segments, folding them in gently to prevent the oranges from breaking.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Foods Orange Cashew Rice
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.9
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 592.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g