Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had this salsa the other day and it was some of the best I have ever had. I can't wait to make this myself. It's best to use rubber gloves when handling hot peppers.
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded & coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 serrano chili pepper, seeded & chopped (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh is best)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Delicious! I used 1 serrano, and added a small clove of minced garlic. It may mellow as it sits overnight, but the lime juice was a bit strong for my taste. Next time I will start with less. Thanks!
Finally i find a recipe that is perfect! Thank you I love it!! 5+ stars!!!
Great salsa recipe and yeah to Whole Foods for using serrano peppers!!! One serrano will do the job of 2 jalapenos and the heat is just right, not too hot, for a whole vat of salsa!!! Great fresh flavors, thanks for posting!!