Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on Elizabeth Baird's Blog, this is a Syrian version of hummus made with whole chickpeas in Madhur Jaffrey’s World Vegetarian. Rather than pureed hummus, this is a chickpea salad accented with garlic and lemon, as in hummus, but with the addition of chopped tomatoes and flat leaf parsley.
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 0.25 ml cayenne
- 538.64 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 118.29 ml cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- . Chop the garlic coarsely on a cutting board. Sprinkle with salt and with a fork or angled blade of knife, mash the garlic and salt together to make a fairly smooth paste. Scrape into a medium bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice and cayenne; stir well to combine flavours. Stir in chickpeas. (Make-ahead: refrigerate, covered, for up to 1 day.).
- . Add tomatoes and parsley; stir to combine.
My dreams are now filled with Whole Chickpea Hummus...and in TECHNICOLOR!
Fantastic!!! The first batch I made, did not last pass 4 hours of chill time, before my family found it in the refrigerator. It was gone in the manner of minutes. So I'm make a double batch right now and maybe it might last pass dinner tomorrow night. I love the garlic in this and made sure I found 2 large cloves when I made it. I added 2 pinches of cayenne. This is a keeper!! Thank you for sharing it with us. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game from August 12th, 2010
Yummy garlicky! Really good dressing!! I had to use regular tomatoes as the grocery store didn't have cherry tomatoes in a while. I can see this would be good with cucumber added too! Made for 1~2~3 Hits March 2010 ~ It's Not Easy Being Green!!!