When I first got this cooker, I experimented quite a bit. This is one of my successful experiments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken, whole, buy the smallest one possible
- 1 quart chicken stock (4 cups)
- 3 cups carrots, diced
- 3 cups onions, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry wine or 1/2 cup marsala wine, medium-dry
- 6 ounces ziti pasta or 6 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for sauteing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Truss the whole chicken firmly with cotton kitchen twine, and brown in vegetable oil on all sides in a separate pan on the stove top. Saute the carrots and onions on the stove top in the same pan used for the chicken. Deglaze the pan with the wine, and add to cooker. Add the tomatoes to the cooker with their juice. Add Worcestershire, and season lightly with salt and pepper. Add the rosemary or thyme. Add 1 cup of the chicken stock. Mix cooker contents well. Add trussed chicken, breast side down.
- 2Put cover on cooker and set to "Seal." Select meat function and set timer on cooker to 25 minutes. At end of cooking time, release pressure as per instruction manual. Unplug and open the cooker when pressure has dropped. Remove chicken from the cooker, remove the string, remove the skin and all meat. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Discard the skin.
- 3Put the glass cover on the cooker and plug it inches Select the meat function, and set timer on cooker to 25 minutes. Add the remaining 3 cups of chicken stock. Bring to a boil. Add the pasta, and cook, uncovered, until pasta is al dente. Unplug the cooker, and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Add the chicken. Stir well. Ladle into bowls and serve with crusty bread. Pass grated Parmesan or Parmesan-Romano cheese separately, if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Braised Chicken in Wolfgang Puck Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.1
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 549.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 36.7 g