Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've experimented for years with the standard recipe. I know have what everyone is raving about around our house. We like it tart, adjust sugar to your taste. I triple the recipe to ensure I can share and have some left over for my turkey sandwiches.
- 12 ounces whole fresh cranberries (frozen is optional)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange, juice of (adjust water down for this)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier (orange liquer)
- Rinse berries.
- Place all ingredients into a 3 qt sauce pan
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- boil uncovered 30 minute.
- Let cool completely (it will thicken).
- Refridgerate until serving time.
Made this recipe as given, using one of the many bags of frozen cranberries stashed away in my freezer, & must say, this sauce is absolutely delicious! The Grand Marnier really gave it a flavor boost, & I'll be making this again in the coming months! It's definitely for more than just the holidays! Thanks for sharing the recipe!