Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe via a email sent from a friend. I posted this in response to a recipe request.
- 1 lb red onion, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large lemons
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (or 2 Tbs.. coriander)
- salt and pepper
- In large bowl, combine onions with lemon juice and ginger. Arrange a few onion slices on the bottom of a baking dish(reserve some). Rinse Tilapia, pat dry with paper towel, brush outside with oil, lay fish on top of the onion mixture.
- Cut off about 1/2 inch from each of the lemons. Stuff the fish cavity with reserved onions, lemon ends and half of the cilantro. Cut remaining lemons into thin slices; tuck slices around base of fish and sprinkle remaining cilantro over onions and lemons in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 400°F oven until fish temperature reaches 135°F and flesh in opaque and flaky. Gently pull off skin and serve fish with onions and a fresh lemon slice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- I think this may take 30-40 minutes*** I have not made this but my gf has :).
Just made it and it was wonderfull. I am not a big fan of baked fish but i will always use this recipe. It is healthy and tastefull
Great recipe. Great taste. Makes a great presentation at a dinner party. Will certainly keep it in my book for future use at dinner parties. My BF says he wont eat anything that looks back at him, but he changed his mind after this.