Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
If you are planning ot serve a ham for dinner this Easter weekend there are several to choose from at your butcher or supermarket meat counter. Here is one ham recipe for you to try -
- 1 (12 lb) cooked smoked bone-in ham (about 12 lbs)
- whole cloves
INGREDIENTS FOR GLAZE
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon or 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Preheat oven to 325°F If necessary, remove all skin, leaving a thin covering (about 1/4 inch) of fat.
- With a sharp knife, score a diamond pattern into fat and insert cloves to decorate. Place ham in a shallow roasting pan, fattest side up, with 2-3 cups water.
- Cook for about 15 minutes per lb., or until meat thermometer registers 140°F.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients for the glaze. During last half hour of cooking, raise temperature to 350F and brush ham liberally with glaze. Add more water if bottom of pan starts to burn. Repeat glazing after 15 minutes.
- When cooked, allow ham to rest 15 minutes before carving. Use leftovers for salads, sandwiches, or in a pasta dish., It can also be frozen for future meals.
I doubled the glaze because we had a 23 pound ham. It was fantastic..everyone raved! Thanks!