Prep 2 mins
Cook 40 mins
Had this at a friends house for New Year - it was so easy and a nice little appetizer. It came from Gourmet's Cookbook.
- 1 large head of garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 1⁄2 ounces mild goat cheese, softened
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Cut off the top quarter of the head of garlic to expose the colves. Set the head in the middle of a large piece of tin foil, and drizzle with 2 tsp of olive oil. Crimp the foil around the garlic to enclose it completely.
- Bake in a 425 oven for 40 minutes.
- Slice the bread thinly and brush with the remaining oil.
- Bake in the bottom half of the oven, below the garlic, on a cookie sheet, turning once until they are golden (about 4 minutes each side - watch them!).
- Unwrap the garlic and squeeze out the cloves. Mix it with the goats cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste if you wish.
- Spread on the toasts.