1/1 Photo of Whole Baked Cauliflower With Tomato and Olive Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
This is a Jamie Oliver recipe but since he is rather imprecise with measurements, I have put in the measurements I used. This is great as part of a Mediterranean menu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 large cauliflower head, outer green leaves discarded and stalk chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 4 anchovies packed in oil, drained and sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped and stems finely chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1Heat the oil in a pot large enough to hold an entire head of cauliflower, leaving an inch around it.
- 2Add the onion, garlic, and chopped cauliflower stalk and slowly fry for 10 minutes until softened and with a little colour.
- 3Add the olives, anchovies (if using) and parsley stalks and fry for another 2 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes along with a cup of water and the vinegar.
- 5Stir everything together and bring to a boil.
- 6Take the cauliflower and gently push it down into the sauce. The cauliflower should be partially submerged.
- 7Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, cover and let cook over low heat for 50 minutes.
- 8Garnish with the parsley leaves.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Baked Cauliflower With Tomato and Olive Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 593.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g