Recipe by Irmgard
This is a Jamie Oliver recipe but since he is rather imprecise with measurements, I have put in the measurements I used. This is great as part of a Mediterranean menu.
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 large cauliflower head, outer green leaves discarded and stalk chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- 4 anchovies packed in oil, drained and sliced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped and stems finely chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pot large enough to hold an entire head of cauliflower, leaving an inch around it.
- Add the onion, garlic, and chopped cauliflower stalk and slowly fry for 10 minutes until softened and with a little colour.
- Add the olives, anchovies (if using) and parsley stalks and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes along with a cup of water and the vinegar.
- Stir everything together and bring to a boil.
- Take the cauliflower and gently push it down into the sauce. The cauliflower should be partially submerged.
- Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, cover and let cook over low heat for 50 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley leaves.