Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy, delicious and yummity-yum crock pot chili..... After searching for interesting crock pot chili recipes, I finally just opened my fridge and cupboard and used what I had on hand... In the end, it was BEYOND delicious and really such a cinch to make.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, browned and chopped
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) canbaked pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown and drain the hamburger meat in a pan.
- Do the same for the chicken.
- Place into crock pot with remaining ingredients, stir well and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6. (I used the high setting due to lack of time).
- Enjoy with cornbread and an ice-cold Newcastle.
This is delicious! I love the chicken in it. I'll always add chicken to my chili now! I'm not quite sure about the cinnamon and allspice though. It added extra flavor, but I put in about half of what the recipe called for, and we thought that tasted good.
I made the chili as called for except I browned the hamburger and chicken together with the onions and garlic. We loved the chili but expected it to be more spicy.
I followed the recipe exactly and it was fantastic! I was a bit unsure about the cinnamon & allspice too but it added a wonderful depth of flavor to the chili.