Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
My son has celiac disease & I try very hard to get versions of his favorite foods in gluten free versions. This recipe is actually a conglomeration of several recipes I have tried & is usually more popular than the "glutened" versions at events I take it to.
- 3 -4 tart apples, peeled & sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup turbinado sugar (raw)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free baking mix (I use Pamela's Pancake & Baking Mix)
- 6 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free oats
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream
- Combine first 6 ingredients (apples, cinnamon, lemon juice, turbinado, brown sugar & baking mix) in mixing bowl. Pour into 9x9 baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients in small mixing bowl, with pastry cutter or fingers, until it is crumbly & resembles pea gravel.
- Spread topping crumbles over apples, bake 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.