Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yummy no bake dish that is ready in minutes. Serve with a salad and you have dinner!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- Boil macaroni in salted water as directed on package and drain.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, cooked macaroni and Cheez Whiz.
- Simmer and stir until cheese is melted.
I followed the recipe except I used the whole pound of pasta, doubled the cheese and added 1 cup of frozen green peas for color.This is a meal the Kids ate up!!I also enjoyed it! Quick and Easy the kids could make it!
I made this recipe on June 29th,2007,and I'm so sorry that my review is so late.All I can say about this recipe is that it has "Hamburger Helper" beat by a long shot.:)I made the recipe as written,and the only thing that I had to add was a about 3/4 cup of milk to get the cheese to blend in with the macaroni.My SO and I enjoyed this very much and it will be made again.Thank you for posting."Keep Smiling :)"
It didn't have enough cheese taste for our household. Also, no fault of the recipe, but 1 kid only picked out the meat and the other 2 only picked out the macaroni. Oh well...