Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my all time favorite finger food EVER!! Serve with honey mustard dip. & they can be made ahead (frozen) and heated up in 15 minutes. This is cousin Whitney's recipe.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach, drained
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 small green onions, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 egg yolk
- SPINACH BALLS:.
- Mix together all spinach ball ingredients in a big bowl.
- Form into 1-inch balls.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix dijon, honey and yolk in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Cover and chill.
These are delicious! I was worried about freezing them without cooking then cooking without dethawing, but they turned out perfectly. My oven is a little slow, so I cooked them for about 25 minutes. Thanks Herby!
Wow what a hit at the bbq/potluck I went to! everyone loved them! and the dip is YUMMY! I used whole grain dijon mustard. From this recipe I got about 56 balls