Whiting Baked in Chipotle Sauce
- Take flour & mix with a couple of ounces of cold water to avoid clumping.
- Decide how hot you would like this dish to be. Chipotle Peppers & adobo sauce is pretty concentrated, so if you want dish to be mild, just add 1 or 2 peppers & a little sauce. If want to make dish inferno hot, then just add the whole 7oz can and get ready to breathe fire & brimstone.
- Add peppers into a food processor along with the evaporated milk, flour mix, salt, cumin, basil, onion, garlic, and lemon or lime juice. Mix everything together thoroughly. Set Aside.
- Sprinkle the Lemon Pepper Seasoning on fish fillets (both sides) and saute in the margarine just to season the fish for 5 minutes or so on each side. Don't worry about how raw the fish still is. It will get thoroughly baked in the oven.
- Take large baking dish and place fillets across bottom of dish. Now add the Chipotle sauce mix until the fish is totally submerged. Bake at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes COVERED with foil. The flour will cause the sauce to thicken into a delicious creamy Chipotle mix. Take it out and let it cool for 5 minutes or so on a rack.
- Serve hot with your favorite Spanish rice. Your going to like this very much ! Enjoy!