Whiting Fillets baked in a delicious creamy Chipotle Sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large fish fillets (Whiting can be fresh or Frozen)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 7 ounces chipotle chiles in adobo
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon lime juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons margarine, for saute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Take flour & mix with a couple of ounces of cold water to avoid clumping.
- 2Decide how hot you would like this dish to be. Chipotle Peppers & adobo sauce is pretty concentrated, so if you want dish to be mild, just add 1 or 2 peppers & a little sauce. If want to make dish inferno hot, then just add the whole 7oz can and get ready to breathe fire & brimstone.
- 3Add peppers into a food processor along with the evaporated milk, flour mix, salt, cumin, basil, onion, garlic, and lemon or lime juice. Mix everything together thoroughly. Set Aside.
- 4Sprinkle the Lemon Pepper Seasoning on fish fillets (both sides) and saute in the margarine just to season the fish for 5 minutes or so on each side. Don't worry about how raw the fish still is. It will get thoroughly baked in the oven.
- 5Take large baking dish and place fillets across bottom of dish. Now add the Chipotle sauce mix until the fish is totally submerged. Bake at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes COVERED with foil. The flour will cause the sauce to thicken into a delicious creamy Chipotle mix. Take it out and let it cool for 5 minutes or so on a rack.
- 6Serve hot with your favorite Spanish rice. Your going to like this very much ! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whiting Baked in Chipotle Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 934.0
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 296.8 mg
- Sodium 673.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 116.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo