Recipe by snowangel
For Vanilla lovers, a white chocolate, macadamia nut,vanilla cake like muffin from the Totally Muffins Cookbook.
Top Review by Ilovemy4kids
After adding the milk to the creamed butter/sugar/egg mixture, the batter looked sort of curdled. I don't know why that happened, maybe my milk was still a little cold, so my advice would be to make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Not wanting to waste the batter, I added the flours and followed the rest of the instructions. What came out of the oven were simply delicious cupcake-like muffins.. not overly sweet. Thank you for the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted & chopped
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or line muffin tins with paper cups.
- Cream butter until fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add sugar, continuing to beat.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each.
- Add vanilla and half-and-half.
- Beat until evenly blended.
- In another bowl, mix together 2 flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to liquid mixture and beat just until flour disappears.
- Gently stir in nuts and chips.
- Fill muffin cups to the top, and bake 25 minutes or until slightly golden on edges and a tester comes out clean.
- Note: I have made these using only all- purpose flour when I did not have cake flour on hand and they turned out great.